It is the Company’s Policy to continuously promote a safe and pollution free operating environment and to implement all aspects of the International Safety Management (ISM) Code and the Environmental Standard ISO 14001 by operating a Safety & Environmental Management System (SEMS) in accordance with the provisions of the Code and ISO 14001:2015.
The Company has established the following objectives in regard to the Safety & Environmental compliance and excellency :
- Provide for safe practices in ship operation and a safe working environment.
- Protect the environment by implementing safe and pollution free operations.
- Establish safeguards against identified risks.
- Improve safety management skills of personnel ashore and onboard ships.
- Use energy and natural resources efficiently, including re-use and recycle when possible.
- Motivate shore and sea going personnel to ensure high training and experience standards for those involved in Company’s SEMS.
- Prepare and train shore based and sea going personnel for handling emergency situations.
- Avoid incidents that could cause human injury, loss of life or damage to the environment, the property and assets under its management.